Monday, January 21, 2008

Woohoo~... Just came back from Seoul... Was snowing in the morning on our departure day. Damn it...wasted...wanted to experience snow this time round but was a day earlier. If only I have an extra day in Seoul, it would even be more fun and memorable. Nevertheless, we did enjoy the snow for a while...hahaha. The last time I experience snow was in New York last March. I still remember it was snowing quite heavily when we arrived and the temperature was freezing cold at about -10 degree celsius. Really miss the fun and excitement we had on that trip. Just hope that I can get to experience snow again on my upcoming Moscow trip next week.

Was freezing cold (-2 degree celsius) when we arrived in Seoul the day before. As I did not bring enough winter clothing for this trip and the weather forecasted snow in the afternoon, I was contemplating if I should head out to Myeong-dong after I wake up from my nap. As there's nothing much to do in the room and that there was no snow and that the sun was quite strong when I woke up, I decided to go to the Shopping street for a walk.

It has been more than 1.5 yrs since I last visited Myeong-dong. Time really flies. I still remember vividly my last visit with SF during our Seoul and Vancouver trip. It seems to me that the place hasn't change much except that some new shops have replaced the old ones. Nevertheless, it's a nice shopping area where I did see lots of things which I like. Guess what... I saw my favourite Onitsuka Tiger store and when I entered the shop, I was wow by what I saw. The shoes designs are much nicer than the ones I saw in HK. I was really tempted to buy one or two pairs back but decided against it as I wanted to spend within my budget for this trip. When I left the shop and started walking around the area, I was still thinking of the shoes. I am still wondering if I have made the right choice...I really miss my shoes and they are damn unique and cool :(

Snapped some pics and here they are ...

Seoul Station

This is where I shopped (highly recommended)

Crowded Myeong-dong on a Sunday afternoon...

You can find some of the Korean specialty along the streets in Myeong-dong


Something like Shabu Shabu...the customers normally would buy and eat on the spot after dipping the stick of meat into some sauce. Something to look forward to on a cold winter day.

Hmm...not sure what's this is...look like some pancakes :O

Cuttlefish & hmm not sure what ... tapioca chips? Have absolutely no idea

Dare you to eat these long black octopus tentacles :P

It's Krispy Kreme again !!!!! The queue was long, so I did not bother to buy any. Hah.

Myeong-Dong after dark ...

Love the neon lights. Love the ambience. Love the crowd. Love the shopping.

Oh ya, I could not find my McDonald or KFC in Myeong-dong. The only KFC I know was under renovation. Walked from streets to streets and to and fro, I failed to find my Bulgogi Burger from Mac and Fried Chicken from KFC :( You all must be wondering whats so special about them...the Bulgogi Burger is damn nice and that the Fried Chicken is different from the ones found here...they are more crispy, tasty and more fragrant...Should try if you get a chance and you will know why. Plus my kimchi seaweed.

I vow that on my next Seoul trip, I will buy my shoes and clothes...no more second thoughts! Haha...

No comments: