Monday, August 27, 2007

Who says Kaya is easy to make ?


The ingredients seem simple but the procedures to making a good, tasty and fragrant kaya is long, tedious and time consuming.

Hopped over to Grandma's place this afternoon to learn the art of making a good kaya. Thought that it would just be an hour's affair but I was wrong...terribly wrong ! Guess how long the whole process took from mixing all the ingredients to producing the thick green paste ? It took almost 3.5 hrs !!!


Now I fully understand what Grandma went through when she put in the effort and time to make nice kaya for us. Imagine stirring the mixture regularly on the hot charcoal. Imagine transferring the heavy hot pot of green mixture from point to point. Imagine sitting next to the hot charcoal for an hour or more. It's really not an easy job as I thought it would be. Got to go Grandma's place as often as possible to master my kaya making skills.


After enjoying 10 days of my leave, I am finally back to work tomorrow. These 10 days seem to pass by so quickly that I thought I have only spent half of it. Anyway, I do miss work a lot and hope that I can return to work as soon as possible...hahaha. From next month onwards, my schedule will be very packed and thus would have little time updating this blog. I do seek your understanding :D.


Alright, time to sleep Zzzzz...

No comments: