Thursday, August 9, 2007

Happy 42nd Birthday to Singapore !!!

Fortunate enough to be in Singapore today to celebrate this joyous occasion with the rest of the Singaporeans :D

Wonder if my body biological clock has been screwed up recently because of my weird sleeping pattern for the past few days. Take my Nagoya trip as an example...slept at about 8 pm ( 7 pm Singapore time ) and woke up at 1 am. After which, could not sleep till my call time. Due to that, I slept till 10 plus at night the moment I arrived home in the evening. Of course, could not sleep till 5 am this morning and slept through till 2 pm when mum woke me up for lunch. Haiz...Think my biological clock will even be more screwed up when I go Frankfurt and New York this weekend :(

After almost half a year of absence from the land of the rising sun, I finally managed to visit the last station of Japan - Nagoya. Weather was hot and humid during my 1 night stay there. We did not venture out besides the walking streets near our hotel. Wanted to visit the Nagoya castle but decided to give it a miss as we were simply tired...hahaha...guess my age is catching up...not as energetic and enthusiatic as I was a year ago.

Presenting Nagoya ...

Walking streets

Weather was hot and the streets were not crowded

My Japanese meals

The beef curry with rice was nice but the ramen in pork base soup was even nicer....OISHII. Oh did I mention that the char siew in the ramen actually MELT in my mouth!


Japanese desserts and cakes

The Japanese take pride in their presentation

Called the housekeeping department to send me the iron and ironing board so that I could iron my uniform. Was impressed with the iron and ironing board. Portable and small. Usually we carry the ironing board in one hand while the other the iron. However, the one I got was small with the iron attached to the ironing board. Innovative.

No comments: