Monday, May 12, 2008

Overheard this on the bus when I was on my way home today :

Little Girl was whining to her mum and sister after boarding the bus :

Why everyone likes to take the aisle seat and leave the window seats empty. Who do they want to reserve it for ? For the Ghost ah ??? Why don't they allow others to sit ?

Her Mum was speechless and could only chuckle when she heard this.

What she said was very true, almost 40% of the window seats were not occupied whilst the aisle seats were all occupied. In fact, it happens all the time if you observe it carefully. Well, what's the real reasons behind this ? Hmm...only we know ourselves.

Or maybe u are guilty of this eh.

Alright, I admit that I was guilty of this SOMETIMES ( maybe only 20% of the time ). Ooops.

Oh ya, and I was having the window seat today :D

Had a Eating Spree in JB today with LL. After 8 days of not having any decent meals in Berlin and Prague ( Budget mah ), decided to use this trip to pamper my dear poor stomach...LOL.

Before we embark on our eating spree, LL brought me to her house in ( not sure where...LL pls help me fill in this blank ) where she deposited her luggage.

Memories started flowing back when I stepped into her house. It reminded me of my Malaysian relatives' houses which I haven't been for more than a decade! Yes, I am guilty of it now...

The ambience, the interior, the furnishings etc really made me feel like I have stepped back in time to the late 80s or early 90s. As what LL said, no doubt it look old and messy but it gives u a very homely feeling. I totally agree with this.

Was very fascinated by the kitchen...very kampong style.

Look at the furnishings as well as the utensils...all very 'old school' yet it gives me a very homely feeling. Reminded me of my childhood days....reminded me of my old grandma's house. Great Sentimental value.


Like my grandma, LL's mum like to display all her secret
'weapons' needed to whip up a good and sumptous meal for the whole family on the window grills.

The dog which is the pet of the family as well as a guard to the house

On our way to our 1st stop of the day...

The way LL drove the car ...* Shake my head *... just remember to fasten the seat belt !


First Stop...

The Nasi Lemak with the fried chicken drumstick was very nice. The sambal chilli was damn shiok!!! I love it.

Highlight of my trip : Mee Rebus !!!!! I love Mee Rebus and be honest the Mee Rebus here tasted sooooooo nice. LOVE it...According to LL, this stall is famous for its Mee Rebus and appeared on the TV before. Nice Nice. Plus the food was sooooo affordable...only RM2.50.

Second Stop....


The Wanton Mee Stall which only open in the morning. Phew...we managed to make it in time :D

I HEART this Wanton Mee...the noodles are all so Q and the best is they used their own special black sauce instead of ketchup or chilli in SG. Nice Nice Nice ....though I still love the one in HKG ( Again, it's different cos HKG one is soup ).

3rd Stop...


The Fried Doughsticks Rojak...Crispy and sweet :D


Dessert : Red Bean Ice with Chocolate Sauce...wah...this really make me drool. According to LL, it appear on Channel U or U magazine before wo.

LL, Thanks a lot for driving me around trying all the food. Be Frank, its really nice and worth it. No wonder you 'condemn' the food in SG...No worries, I will bring u to taste all the good food here the next time ( But first allow me to do some research ... hahaha ). Peeps out there gotta help me lol.

Only managed to try these few dishes...left the following for my next trip :

-Ban Mian
-Bak Gu Teh
-Dim Sum
-Porridge Steamboat
-Seafood ( Yes Seafood!!! )
-Pekin Restoran food ( They said were damn nice n cheap...must try )
-Beancurd
-Secret Recipe
-KFC ( Yes, Malaysia's one tasted much better than the ones here )
- and many more...

If you guys got any to recommend, pls do tell me.

Will update my Berlin and Prague trip soon. Anyway the trip was tiring but worth it.

Last but not the least, Many thanks to those who wish me a Happy Birthday...really appreciate it.

No comments: