Monday, May 19, 2008

Been quite a while since I last met up with my JC pals...Guess the last time we gathered was during Xmas period which was almost half a year ago. Meeting up frequently nowadays prove a little bit tough due to our own hectic schedule especially so when some are doing their student exchange program overseas,while the rest are either preparing for their examinations or busy with their industrial attachments/work. Fortunately, a few of us were able to meet up yesterday for a simple dinner and chill out session.

Dinner @ Hei Se Hui (Bosses) Restaurant in Vivocity...



The 19/01 Gang : Yours truly, SD, Geri, WS, David & JY


Our Sumptous Chinese cuisine dinner :



Best dish of all :


Thai Style fried fish with sweet chilli and Mango slices.


A very unique beverage...



Cucumber & Lime Tea - Prove to be soothing to the throat :P

Desserts @ Condura Cafe...



Left to Right : Apple & Pinenut Crumble, Chocolate Royale (Best!) and Tiramisu

Smile! You are on Candid Camera :D... Oh ya, '16' is the number of the day...Our table was '16' when we were dining @ Bosses Restaurant, then our order no was also '16' @ Condura Cafe and SD's birthday fall on the 16th of May...So coincident eh :D

As usual with the other class outings, we weren't sure where to head for our chill out session. Thus we went to a FEW places from Harbourfront to Boat Quay to Clarke Quay ( if not for the crowd, if not for the cover charge, if not for the closure of the club/bar, if not for the dress code...) and EVENTUALLY we ended up in Hed Kandi. Though its not crowded and very quiet, we did have a fun time there.



I Heart Candid Shots....Priceless Expressions!



WW & I.



WS (Chatterbox of the day :D ) & Geri



And so here's a toast to 19/01...Best Friends Forever !

___________________________________________________


And so I did manage to meet up with JL when I was in Copenhagen last Friday. If not for him, I guess I will just nuah in the room till the day I check out since I have been there twice before. And my SINCERE apologies to Jacinda for not bringing her to the little Mermaid as 'promised'. Wahahahaha....



JL looking cool in his shades with the city of Copenhagen behind him.



My first time ever travelling on a train in Copenhagen. The cabin is very clean and spacious offering plenty of seats.



Things aren't cheap in Copenhagen...Bought this 2-zoner clipcard for 125Kr ( approx S$38 ) !!! I am still not sure how the system work despite JL explaining to me BUT the journey from my hotel to the beach then to his University then back to my hotel already took up 6 out of 10 slots available. This means it cost approx 75Kr ( approx. S$23 ) !!! Wah kinda of ex man.


Since I have been to most places in Copenhagen, JL decided to bring me to this beach which he has found out from the Internet.


Bellevuevej Beach


As usual, whenever we see some statues popped out of nowhere, we will sure...



pose and take photo with it :D Hiak...I can't believe I am even shorter than her :( WTH



Children @ Work n Play


Super clear water...





Kids from Kindergarten...so innocent n cute.


And so JL and I strolled along the entire stretch of the beach...from one end to the other. As we were nearing the other end, our eyes were glued to a few naked fellas at a distance. As we walked nearer, only did we realise that they were all OLD people (Mind you...OLD as in they look like in their 70s or 80s !!! )...what an eyesore !!! Really admire their GUTS to show off their flaws to the public. Yucks...


To show how expensive things are in Copenhagen, here's another example which I came across while 'marketing' in the supermarket...


A 3.2 Kg of meat cost almost 200Kr ( approx. S$60 ) !!!


Lunch @ Butterfly Cafe

JL with his Nachos

Had the Club Sandwich...well, tasted alright and it came in a mess as seen in the pic.


On the way to DTU...







Welcome to DTU



In case you get lost, here's a map of DTU...




330 - Here's the DTU Campus Village where JL and the rest stay...






They stay in container blocks. Each block has its own toilets and a kitchen. It's quite comfortable and well equipped I must say.


Now a peep into JL's room...

Spacious, Comfortable n messy...hahahaha


Instead of pinning all his work assignments onto the board, all I saw were a map of Copenhagen, London tube map, their Italy tour schedule, some receipts and some notices...hahaha...oh ya, and a Denmark flag.


Didn't know there is such a big chessboard @ the library. FYI, there aren't much books in the library. According to JL, the students there normally purchase their books...Woah...



It's summer time now in Copenhagen...It's 2035 hrs and it's still so bright :D.

A BIG


THANK YOU


to JL's friends for whipping up a very sumptuous and delicious dinner and BL for baking one of the best Lemon Bars....that evening was simply one of the best I had overseas :D Thank you guys once again...Really Appreciate it lots.

JL : Thanks for bringing me around and Thanks for the Chocolates :P


No comments: