Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I HEART MELBOURNE

Flinder Street Station - One of the icons representing Melbourne

Some interesting Advertisements I found in Melbourne...

This ad, which I chanced upon while flipping the local newspaper, was so damn creative and of cos FUNNY... Just can't stop laughing. A very nice one. :P

Advertisement in the form of Graffiti...Nice Artwork

Got a copy of MX free from the streets and wanted to share with you guys some interesting news which I read from the newspaper :

- Britain's Health Secretary thinks shops should be forced to sell cigarettes under the counter. Alan Johnson said a Scottish move to ban shops from selling them was a good one. The government is now considering implementing the same rule nationally. Other proposals include banning ciggie vending machines and forcing shops to sell a minimum of 20 smokes at a time to reduce affordability.

- A teenager was fined $100 for littering because he let go of a balloon at a charity event.

- About 1800 Cubans are aged 100 and older, making it the country with the highest rate of centenarians. Eugenio Selman-Housein, chairman of the 120 Years Club and former head of Fidel Castro's medical team, also said life expectancy has gone up to almost 80 years on the island. He said reaching 100 in good health required motivation, but also "a diet rich in fruit and veg, physical activity, culture and the right atmosphere".

- Jail time apparently didn't do any good for Pennsylvania's Shawn Allen Linberg. After spending a night behind the bars for slashing a judge's tyres, the 18-year-old walked out of the jail, strolled across the street and stole a car from a bowling alley parking lot.

- A 73-year-old Texas woman wound up shot after she got into an argument with her son because she wouldn't stop walking around the house naked. Bertha McElry finally got out her gun, but as she was loading it she shot herself in the finger.

- A Cambodian man proved that children don't make good balloons after he stuck an air hose in his five-year-old son's rear and tried to inflate him.

Something to recommend...

Had some delicious Vietnamese food for lunch...

The famous Vietnamese Beef noodles soup...Damn Shiok...A must try if you have a chance.

They named this Four Colours...while I call this Chendol...And its so damn refreshing...One of my favourite desserts :P

It's winter in Melbourne now but it doesn't feel as cold as it used to be when I was there in 1999 and 2003. I can still remember it was freezing cold when I was in Melbourne for a holiday during the same period that year. I was shivering even in my aunt's house. Maybe I was still young that time, I just feel that the winter now is quite mild...at most slightly cooler than Genting. Wondering if it was due to Global Warming or that my tolerance for cold have increased. Watever it is, I simply love the weather.

Melbourne...One of my Favourite Australian City...I will be back soon.

No comments: