Monday, December 31, 2007

GOODBYE 2007


WELCOME 2008


MAY EVERYONE BE HAPPIER AND MORE CHEERFUL IN THIS BRAND NEW YEAR


MAY WE HAVE A MUCH BETTER YEAR AHEAD


MAY WE ALSO HAVE A MUCH BETTER WORLD TO LIVE IN


Finally 2007 is over and 2008 is here.

Well, have many ups and downs in 2007 which I hope the bad ones won't happen to me again in 2008 and may I be even happier and more satisfied with myself in 2008.

Shall come out with my goals for 2008 soon.

For the last few days before bidding 2007 goodbye were filled with stress and fun.

Stress because of the several tests which I have to take and pass. Fun because of the activities I did with my JC pals and of course anticipating the arrival of the new year.

Speaking of the tests, I am proud and please to annouce that I have


PASSED MY IPPT

on 26 Dec. As such, I can now kiss RT goodbye and no more travelling to Khatib Camp every Thursdays and Sundays. Imagine if I fail my IPPT this time, I would have to visit the camp 3 times a week. That would have greatly affect my moral and my job. Phew... Lesson Learnt.


PASSED MY WRITTEN & PRACTICAL TESTS

which I have to take every year due to the nature of my job.


*Give a pat to myself...Congrats


On top of that, I would like to use this opportunity to welcome a new arrival to my Family on 28 December...



A Gift from God to Caleb & Grace - Joy Ng

3 Days old...Joy is simply adorable & gorgeous!

Last Sunday was well spent with my JC gang at Pulau Ubin.
On our way to Ubin...





The 'Ubin Gang' - Geri, CY, Kan, YL & Myself on the bumboat ride to Ubin @ S$2 per head.


Since cycling was on our agenda, we went around to scout for a cheap and reliable bicycle rental shop. It soon dawned on us that the price everywhere was about the same and so we just chose the shop at the end of the road.


Judging from the grin on her face, I guess she is happy with her bike

Oh man, come on....it's just a gentle slope.... Hahaha


Our first stop was supposed to be Chek Jawa. However, we took the wrong route and ended up ....

Lost and Helpless in the forest.

As a result, not only were we bitten badly by mosquitoes, we also ended up...









As certain parts of the ground were very muddy, our legs and shorts were stained with mud.


On our way to the main road, we came across a beach where...



both YL and Kan decided to wash the mud off their feet.

The Gang @ the beach before finding our way to Chek Jawa


Finally, we arrived at our destination.

Where shall we head ??? Visitor Center ? Mangrove Boardwalk ? Coastal Boardwalk ?

Heading to the Visitor Center first for some information before exploring the rest

The gals decided to take advantage of the tap to wash the mud off their legs before entering the Visitor Center.

Our 1st stop - Chek Jawa Visitor Centre

Nice view... My ideal house eh.


Next :




Chek Jawa Wetlands

The Boardwalk

Hoping to see something interesting along the Boardwalk.

As its high tide, there's nothing much to see and we ended up taking pics.


Mangrove Swamp Educational Tour :



Tour Guide : CY

Thats how these trees survive in such a condition.

The Nipah flower ? Anyway, attap seeds are from this plant. To think CY tried to lie to us by telling us this is Rafflesia....duhz.
The mature fronds can be used for thatching the roofs of attap houses and can be woven in baskets and mats. Even the sap can be fermented to produce alcoholic beverages.

4 small Mudskippers

The Viewing Tower.

Enjoying the breathtaking view and the wind breeze.


View from the top of th Tower :






The Gang who conquered the Tower :


On our way back to the village where we rent our bicycles, came across an interesting signboard :



The cheapest fine in the World ?????
If you look carefully, the figure has been tampered with by someone.


Discover the Secret Garden -mini fruit and vegetable plantation. Kang Kong, garlic, elephant yam, papaya, banana etc etc. Interesting.


Who do you think the crows will be afraid of ?


Guess what these are ??? From far, Kan and I thought it was either starfruit or papaya. Upon asking, we realised that these are actually Cocoa. Though I have been eating lots of chocolates, this is my 1st time seeing the cocoa fruit.


Bidding Ubin goodbye. Really enjoyed this time and my 1st time to Chek Jawa and the Secret Garden

No comments: