Thursday, December 20, 2007

Just back from swimming with TT at Tampines Swimming Complex. Felt so shiok after swimming 32 laps. Quite an achievement I must say for each time we go swimming, we would normally swim less than that as most of the time were spent talking nonsense among ourselves. Thought that it would be very crowded today due to the public holiday but were shocked when we arrived at the pool...there were less than 10 people in the pool ! Shiokness ! Probably was the weather that keep the swimmers away.

Was back from Amsterdam yesterday morning. Third time there and I simply love the city. Would probably place Amsterdam my second favourite European city after London. Was freezing cold in Amsterdam....an average temperature of 1 degree celsius ! Walking on the streets or out in the open never felt so torturous before. The weather was killing us especially when the wind was blowing against us. Really salute Gabriel for cycling in the cold without any rest after we arrived in Amsterdam.

Had lunch at this Italian Restaurant with the rest on the first day.

Chicken Cacciatora recommended by Vincent....very delicious. A must to eat.

Nothing much to do after our lunch so Evon and I went wandering along the streets.

Evon & I at one of the many canals in Amsterdam.

A gigantic Christmas Tree.

It was only 4 pm and the sun was setting!!!

Make a guess what these are ? Onions ? Nope... Garlic ? Nope...Chestnuts ?! Nope...It's....It's.... the buds or seeds of Tulips!!!! They look very much like Onions...don't they? If I were to give these to my mum without telling her what these actually are, I guess I may be down with food poisoning....hahahaha.

Magic Mushroom...no the mushrooms here have no magic. Just that this is a store that sell drugs which is legalized in Holland...Cannabis, Maurijauna etc can be found here. The things they sell here are very interesting...an eye opener for me. Colourful sweets that look harmless actually contain cannabis. Small Mushrooms that look edible actually give u hallucination when eaten.

Went on a full day Grand Holland Deluxe Tour with Charlyn on our 2nd day.


1st stop of the tour :

Aalsmeer - The World's Famous Flower Auction

The many boxes/crates of flowers up for auction.

Auctioning in Progress.

In case you do not what's happening on the screen, here's an explantion of what the terms mean.

Next, we drove around Rotterdam before heading to Delft. Nothing much in Rotterdam, just a normal small town.

Went to the Royal Delft Blue Pottery factory.

The Entrance

One of the near complete pottery on display. Guess it's a vase. Nicely done.

Mini pottery vase...Guess how much this small vase cost ? If I am not mistaken, each cost about S$ 160 plus. Wow...so expensive.

One of the very famous Holland icon - The Dutch Girl kissing the Dutch Boy. This pottery cost about S$500 !

Were famished by the time we finished the pottery factory tour. Lunch was at this International Restaurant in Delft Square.

Ordered the Fried Cod fillet with fries....a big big disappointment. The fish doesn't taste like cod at all...dried and it taste really weird. Worst, it tasted a bit stale...seem to me that either the cod was a fake one or that the cod was not fresh. Really bad. Nevertheless, finished everything as I was too hungry. Charlyn ordered the chicken cutlet and we were shocked when the waitress served us. The chicken cutlet was black...yes really black! no joke. Being the guinea pig, I was 'invited' to have the 1st bite...Hard, dried and tasted burnt. One of the worst meals I have had.
Decided to take some photos in the Square after lunch before returning to our tour bus.

Another Big Christmas tree in Delft.

City of Romance & Love

After touring The Hague, we finally, yes finally, arrived at Madurodam - the highlight of the tour.

Hey...Who's that climbing up the rope ???

Who says the A380 is big...Look !!! I am much bigger than it...wahahah

Scale 1 : 25 in case you are wondering

Very good workmanship...It just look so real. I guess if I never tell u that this was taken in Madurodam, you might think that these are real...m I right ? Just admit it...

Actually this photo was taken illegally, just like the one I took with A380. Reason : I crossed the security rope when no one was watching just to take next to them.

Envy ? I found my little Beautiful Dutch girlfriend !!!

Everything was small in Madurodam but not these Clogs !!!!! Look at how huge they were. Oh no, I was caught stealing them !!!

If not for the freezing cold weather, I guess we would have enjoyed Madurodam better. It's just too cold for us to really appreciate the structures. We were practically hoping from one to another and missed quite a few so that we could seek shelter at the nearby souvenir shop as soon as possible. My hands were numb and rigid after 30 minutes out in the cold.

That's the end of our tour. Be honest, the whole tour was, well, boring. If not for Madurodam, I guess I have better stay in Amsterdam. Guess my next trip to Amsterdam, I shall go for the canal cruise :D

My S$20 dinner :

Indonesian Meal - Rice with some curry vegetables, taohu, french beans, beef and chicken.

Guess I have caught a cold now...having a running nose and my throat is feeling a bit dry and itchy.

Haiz... guess having plenty of rest and water is the best cure.

Somehow I don't know why but I miss my Hong Kong badly.

Seems like I will be busy till year end. So many things to settle yet so little time. I realise I have somehow 'lost' my friends...time to find them back. I just miss them.

No comments: