Saturday, July 5, 2008

Yo Yo Yo...I am finally back home...Did you guys miss me ? I know you do...Wahahahaha. Time really flies eh...Just a blink of the eye and I am back from my 11 days trip.

And I really spent lots during my 4 days stay in Hong Kong on clothings...But fortunately, I managed to keep it below my budget...that means I did save quite a bit eh plus the good exchange rate I got for my HK Dollars n not forgetting the 30-50% Sale which is now on...WoooHooo...A Happy & Satisfied Boy :D ...Will not disclose how much I spent this time as I don't to attract unwanted attention eh...but its quite a lot...Heartache at the same time :( ... Mum just scolded me when she saw the big cargo bag full of my buys ... Haiz.

Weather in HK for the past 4 days have been really hot and humid but it's definitely better than thunderstorms as forecasted earlier on. This time in HK, I got to eat my favourite Dim Sum @ Chao Inn ( as mentioned in the earlier entry ) & not to forget my favourite Tsui Wah Char Chang Ting which is just next to my hotel in Jordan...how convenient can it get as there is no need for me to travel all the way to Central :D

N I am missing HK right now... Be there again soon I guess... Maybe in September or October during my annual leave... and may pay a visit to Macau where many have told me how the food there fare better than those in HK...well I shall judge when I get to go there. Food Food Food is what I am thinking of now...what a glutton I am :(

Anyway, flew Cathay Pacific to HK and be honest ( not biased in any ways ), I still prefer SIA service...more personalise and more elaborate. :D

Alright I shall end this entry with my


TOKYO ( 28-30 Jun ) - Part 2


On the day of our departure (aka last day in Tokyo), Sheila, Matt and I woke up very early in the morning and gathered at the hotel lobby @ 7 am. Yes...you did not read it wrongly..it's 7 am...cos we wanted to get to the Tsujiki Fish Market early in order not to miss all those actions. I dare say that this is the highlight of my Tokyo stay as I have been hearing how popular the fish market is among the locals and tourists and have been looking forward to experiencing it myself. Despite our fatigue ( after 6 days of insufficient of sleep), we decided to visit the fish market early as it is like a once-in-a-lifetime experience plus we wouldn't want to visit a fish market with just a few pathethic leftover fish.


While waiting for our train that will take us directly to the Tsujiki Fish Market...Managed to squeeze out a smile despite our super tired looks :) *Yawn*



Boxes of fresh seafood ready to be delivered to the various markets/restaurants in Town



Stalls that lined outside the Fish Market.... The sushi here is quite expensive ( almost double than what u find outside ) as it is very very fresh.



A Sushi Chef's best friend ?


The very Busy Scene @ the market...Exercise caution when getting around the market...the people there are like rushing to everywhere (Time is very precious for them) plus the lanes are all very narrow. Most importantly, look out for the mini motor vehicles that they use to transport all their goods. Oh ya, there are no traffic lights or pedestrian crossings in the market...so be extra careful before any accidents befall on you :D



A 3some pic before we explore the market :D...Yes...Adel was still recuperating...Poor Gal.


What you can find @ the market...


Eels/Unagi...Woohoo...one of my favourite food :P Anyway managed to see with my own eyes how they killed the eel...Disgusting...Gross...Cruel...well, that's life I guess.



Wondering what kind of fish this is...notice that they have no eyes.



Seaweed!!!!!!!!!!! Not algae I guess...wahahaha.



Fresh Pregnant Prawns....remind me of those I had in HK...Super Succulent and crunchy :P



Not sure what kind of fish these are but kinda pity them...as a skewer stick is used to pierce through their mouths to join 5 of them together



My All-time Favourite.... ABALONE !!!!!!! Alive one somemore :D



Not sure what these are but Sheila was telling us that these are actually the roes of a certain fish... hmmm... look like some kidney or something.



Ouch !!!! Sea Urchins...Careful mate, they may be poisonous!



Look @ those Big Bulging Eyes....Seem like it died in a very tragic way...ooooooo



One of my favourites...Octopus...Big eh :D



Hightlight of the trip.... HUGE & FRESH TUNAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last 3some pic before we head to the fruits and vegetables wholesale market which is just beside the fish market


Great...simply love the market...an eye opener for all of us :D


Next... Fruits & Veg Wholesale Market



Boxes and Boxes of fruits n vegetables



Don't really know what these are...but they resemble gigantic onions...don't they ?


The famous Japanese Melons...very expensive ones :D



Sheila introduced these Japanese grapes to me...as a grape lover...I bought 3 bunch home...Tell you the grapes are really out of this World. Their taste are different from the ones we always have..Not only are theirs Big and Juicy...its very sweet and taste a little like red wine...really...just that it won't get you red or drunk :D Highly Recommended though a little more expensive. Oh ya, Sheila was telling me that Takashimaya do sell these but its very expensive ( think S$20 plus per bunch ) but we bought it only for like S$10 per bunch :D Worthwhile!!! Can you imagine the efforts I put in to transport these back home without crushing any of those big juicy grapes ? God like treatment they received from me as I treated them like my babies, my gems :D ... Too bad, 2 bunches were already in my family stomach when I wrote this entry :P


It's Brunch Time....



Most of the small scale restaurant have this vending machine which you choose what you want to eat, slot the money in and get the receipt and pass it to the waiter/waitress.


Makan Time ... Oishii ne...


Head to Ueno again as we decided to stock up more of our snacks using our remaining Japanese moola ...


Weather is very good today...no rain and its very cooling. Most importantly, it is not as crowded as the day before and make shopping today a much better n pleasant experience.



Sheila & I with our buys...Look @ the amount of things we carried...Oh ya, I was carrying the box of grapes which we bought from the market.



Bidding Goodbye to Tokyo....Thanks to the great company I had this time....They are the ones who made the whole 8 days trip so much FUN and ENJOYABLE !!! UNFORGETTABLE !!!


Guess what...The World is really SMALL....Matt is my Secondary School Senior and Sheila is my friend and a reader of this blog and 3 of us were rostered to go this trip together :D..it's all Fate :D ... Nice knowing you guys better during this trip...Really thanks for the everything :D


Oh ya, allow me to introduce this



EBI BURGER from McDonald!!!!! Now I know why Sheila was crazy over it and kept mentioning to us that she want to have her Ebi Burger ( Prawn Burger ) everywhere we go. Tell you, not only does the patty taste nice with real whole pieces of succulent prawns in it, the buns were also very soft and fluffy....Damn Yummy and Shiok....never had such a nice burger for so long...A MUST try !!!!!


Alright time to take a nap...heading to Shanghai later.

Seem like the weather is really hot there...what a turnoff...anyway gonna try the Ah Yat Abalone restaurant just next to my hotel...Olivia was telling me that day how delicious and affordable the food is...I am so gonna try it :D

No comments: