Saturday, October 4, 2008


These were what greeted me when I came home this evening...



Vegetarian Fried Bee Hoon ( Bought by Dad )

Asam Fish Head Curry ( Specially cooked and brought over by my Grandma )


'Hei Bee Hiam' (w/o Hei Bee/shrimp this time) specially prepared by my Grandma


This is what I call Shiokness ! WooHoo~

____________________________________________


CAIRO ( 03-06 Oct ) - Part I

Just came back from Cairo this morning and well did manage to visit one of the 7 Wonders of the World - The Pyramids of Giza. Weather for the past 2 days in Cairo was really HOT...Sweltering heat under the Scorching Sun and it's damn dusty. Fortunately, the low humidity made the weather more bearable.

Day 1

The View outside my Hotel - Beautiful Cityscape along the Nile River.


Some interesting sights around our Hotel area while on our way to have our lunch at the nearby Mall...

A small little boy riding his dockey on the road.

A small roadside 'mama' shop

'Delicious', 'unique' and 'exotic' made-in-Egypt snacks.

Initially we planned to visit the Museum but due to the earlier closing time on that day, we decided to visit the Bazaar instead.

The many cafes lining the street...Lots of Choices to choose from !


The crowded narrow alleys at the Bazaar


A stall selling the shisha waterpipes...different designs and different sizes :D

Introducing Desiree

Look @ the looonnng and special shaped sausages !

This car seemed to come from the 1960s eh. Antique.


The Fashion of Egypt


Next...Introducing Carose

The Bazaar was brimming with tourist on a hot Friday afternoon.

Nice Arches...I love this photo.


Lastly...Introducing Badli

Damn Cute hor...Sleepy Cat lying outside one of the many stalls.

Narrow Alleys lined with stalls selling Eygptian products.

The Representatives of Egypt...Pyramids, Camels, Rive Nile, Sphinx etc etc

Spices !!!

The quieter part of the Bazaar.

The part of the Bazaar that was closed and much less crowded.

Yoz...my Signature pose

Notice the diff

The Old Fashion way of roasting the sweet potatos...Interesting eh

The Foursome...Need no more introduction I guess...Anyway all their names are kinda uncommon and unique...Carose, Badli, Desiree and Jang Son :D

The Eygptian Pharmacy

While waiting for our transport to arrive, we notice that 80% of the cars that zoomed past us were all Taxis !!!

A Drive through Downtown of Old Cairo

Kebab !!!!

Notice how crowded the Kebab stall is...there's no queue cos people just try their best to push their way in. But in order to get your food fast...there's one way...gave extra tips lor ( a.k.a 'bribary' )....That's how most things work in Cairo.


Guess that's their apartments...Look familiar right...Like those in Hong Kong

Oh man, have to turn in soon. Only slept for a couple of hours after I came home from Cairo. Got to wake up very early tomorrow because I am heading to Auckland again. Yes, just came back from there last week. This time will be more exciting because I will be meeting my two friends there...WooHoo~ Looking forward to seeing and having makan with them :D

Alright, shall post my Part II of my Cairo tour after I come back from Auckland.

No comments: