Monday, October 27, 2008


After a year, months and days of procrastination, I FINALLY got my legs running again !!!!! All Thanks to the upcoming ICT that forced me to drag my feet to the void deck of my house and start jogging along the paths. Ya, I can't really run due to my poor stamina but I am sure I can after a few more runs eh. Though I have been staying here for about 6 years, I didn't know that there is a PAP Childcare Centre that's just few steps from my block !!! Though I know there is a playground and a small jogging track of about 200 metres just next to my block, I did not realise that there are also facilities for adults to train their body too. To think I only discover it 6 years later...oh well, to console myself, I am seldom at home eh...I guess if I were to add up the days I am at home, it'll be about a year or so only :D

Have been literally rotting at home for the past few days....Tidying up my room which is still so messy...Sitting around watching TV programmes, surfing the Internet, reading the newspapers and those useless magazines to pass off my time. Nearly bored to death. Guess what...I think something is wrong with my body clock...I kept waking up in the wee hours in the morning and only managed to sleep again at around 8-9 am. WTF.

Anyway, decided to treat myself to a 'sumptuous' American Breakfast last Friday...

Mushroom & Cheese Omelette with Bacon and sautee Potatoes. :D Not that nice I must admit...But practice makes perfect right :D

So I met up with the guys again last Saturday @ New York New York. Supposedly meeting 19/01 peeps but most of them were busy.

The Foursome @ New York New York. These guys are busy with their projects lately. Examinations are round the corner too...Poor them. Soon will be my turn...Damn it.

Here's the Final part of my Cairo Trip...

Started off the day with a visit to The Egyptian Museum. The General Entrance Fee is 50 Egyptian Pounds and to see the real Mummies inside, you gotta pay an additional 200 Egyptian Pounds. Being Superstitious, I decided to give the Mummies a miss. Nothing to regret about after poor reviews from my fellow colleagues who went to pay the Mummies a visit. Anyway, the museum was hugh and really lots to see inside. At least, they gave you a brief history of Egypt and its pyramids before you see the actual things. Kinda interesting and very crowded. Oh ya, the museum itself has no air condition thus it can get abit hot and stuffy especially with the large crowd and the unforgiving weather outside.


The replica of the Sphinx with Me outside the museum

Not sure what's this but it looks cool eh !

As usual, no photos allowed inside the museum but can assure you guys that it's worth a visit.

A long Drive through the City to Giza...


Notice the buildings in Cairo are either brown, yellow or grey colours ? Well, according to our tour guide, Omar, the government only allow such colours for Egypt is located in the desert, the colour of the buildings will be such after a few years. Thus, they encouraged people to paint the buildings with such colours.

This is one of the Family House in Cairo. The whole big family stay under one roof. Have you watched Ch8 drama series " Tong Xin Yuan " ? Their house is the same concept as those in Cairo. So maybe the first storey is for the parents, 2nd storey for their eldest son and his family and so on etc etc etc.

A Visit to the Papyrus Musuem

The tour includes a demostration on how Papyrus is made. Kinda interesting but I detest the people there. They are kinda pushy when it comes to persuading you to buy their products. In the end, I was the only one who came out empty handed cos I have no interest in such stuff and refuse to buy any from such people.

Saw this small little makeshift stall outside the restaurant where we had our lunch. Very nicely decorated and if you look carefully, there are lots of small chinese lanterns hanging on the blue Pepsi shelter...Nice eh. Wonder how the Uncle survive...It's super duper hot.


Our Seafood Lunch...Delicious though

The Pyramids of Giza...View from outside the restaurant.

The Models of Pyramid of Giza n the Sphinx.

A View of the Sphinx and the Pyramid of Giza. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get close to it like the other tourist u seen in the photos. Reason : Cos we were on camels and horses which were forbidden near there. What a Waste ~ !


Say 'Hello' to our friends who will be bringing us around.

The Four of us...Carose and Desiree on the Camel while Badhi and I each have our own horse :D

Can you spot where I am ?


In the Great Sahara Desert....Don't u wander too far in case u get lost :D



The Camel admiring the Majestic Pyramids....' Awwww....This is sooooo sooooo sooo Beautiful ' Wonder how those people built without any technology.

My favourite Horse and I...Oh...Riding the horse was sooo fun :P


Ya, that's me....Over excited over the Pyramids and the Horses :D

Now I got the Chance to ride the stubborn camel ! After the ride on the Camel back to the rental shop, I tell you, the ride on the camel was so freaking uncomfortable. The Horse is still the best. Each step the camel took, you will feel abit uncomfortable around your groin area. And for your own safety, you have to hold on to the saddle tightly cos chances of you slipping off the camel is kinda high. Also, when the camel kneel down or stand up, you have to hold to the saddle damn tightly or you will just fall off. Yes, it sounds dangerous but actually it's fun ! At the end of the ride, my legs were wide apart for a moment before I could walk normally again...wahahahaha.

Before bidding goodbye to one of the 7 wonders of the World...Thanks to the Tour guide who took this picture for me :D


Saw this signage on our way back to the hotel...They name a street ' 26th of July ' which is their National Day ! Kinda of Interesting eh.

Cairo is fun but I dislike people trying to get/ cheat money out of the unaware and gullible tourist. Again, thanks to the great company, I truly enjoyed this trip despite the super hot weather and some small hiccups along the way. Oh ya, Money really works well in Cairo. With a 'small fee', you can have someone looking after your car while you are away, you can 'cut' queue and get your food first despite tens of people who were in front of you, you can get your way around easily !!!

Meeting LL again tomorrow. That babe will be back from Hong Kong and San Francisco tomorrow. Can't wait for my leave to end because I will be heading to TAIPEI...Woo HooO.

No comments: