Tuesday, September 23, 2008


Somehow I feel down recently and sort of going thru an emotional turmoil...Not sure why...One thing for sure...I am very disappointed with myself, my life. Seems like everything is not going smooth for me recently...sorta down on my luck. Well, this is not the first time I am feeling this way but somehow I feel the need to fill in the blanks asap to give myself a more complete and satisfied life or at least a more meaningful and fruitful life. Nevertheless, I will always be appreciative and be thankful for what I have now. One must never be too greedy eh.

Suddenly I miss all my good old friends. At least they will be there when I most need them :D Actually, I shouldn't use the word 'Suddenly' cos I ALWAYS miss them just that I never show it. Be honest, they will always be in my mind just side by side with my Family & close relatives.

I sorta feel bad as I seldom meet up with them ever since I started jetting around the World 3 years ago but I vowed that I will try my very best to meet each n every one of them every now and then. One thing for sure : We'll always be friends no matter what happen.

Lots of things going on in my mind now...Too many things to accomplish yet insufficient time...will time stand still just for me ?

Just came back from Amsterdam and that marked my 4th visit to the capital of Holland or The Netherlands.

One thing I have to admit...It remains as one of my favourite European Cities which I will never get sick and tired of it and which I will always have things to do there...be it sightseeing or shopping etc.

After a short nap, Gwen brought us to this famous joint along the walking street which sells French Fries.

Look @ the queue...The homemade fries were delicious...most importantly, there are a wide varieties of sauce to go with it. Gwen recommended the Hannibal sauce...OMG...I tell you...it was soooo damn nice....Wonder what's the recipe behind the sauce ? Enjoying the fries with a group of great people in the cold....Shiokness !!!

Look @ all their satisfied faces...All agreed that the saucy fries were nice ! Thinking back, I regretted not buying the fries on the second day...Argh...Nevermind, there's always a next time :D

Ya..in case you guys are thinking what's my lunch for the day....Yupz...That packet of fries !!! Wahahahah...Not that we were all on diet or on a super tight budget, we were merely saving our stomach for a sumptuous dinner later in the evening. You shall see...

We were splitted into 2 groups after we finished our fries. One group went to their sex-seeing tour @ the Sex Museum and the famous red-light district...while for us, we decided to just sit around at the nearby cafe, have a drink and some chit chat.

My Hot Chocolate...Super rich eh...Nice.

It's Dinner time....

Dinner was @ Castell....Must really thank Gwen for bringing us here as I am not only impressed with their food, their ambience were really nice too.

The whole group of us waiting patiently for our BBQ meat to arrive. Oh ya, the table seem too low for us to eat, isn't it ? Well, we dun eat on the table, instead we eat on our laps !!! Such a unique eating experience !

Here comes our FOOD !!!

Diana's BBQ Spare Ribs...

Moi's Lamb Chops !!!

So as you can see from the above photos. the meat were presented on a thick rectangular wooden chopping board and were placed on ur laps. The Spare Ribs which Diana gave part of it to me were really nice...Tender and tasty and my lamb were like 'out of this World'....Damn super delicious and nicely done. Their special homemade BBQ sauce was mind blowing man....Taste slightly different from the ones we normally had and was spicy...Damn addictive and it blends really well with the meat. Woah, I don't mind having 2 portions on my next visit !!! I must say, this is the BEST BBQ meat I had so far in my life man. Shiokness man.

Met up for lunch the next day @ the Indonesian joint along the Walking street.

Well, did not have anything except a bowl of Soto Ayam as I did have a light breakfast in my room prior to meeting the group.

Paying a visit to Anne Frank's House was next on our list.

So here we are queueing patiently to enter the Museum...Xiao Fang, Diana, Emily, Kelvin and Myself.

This is the exterior of Anne Frank's House.

Here's the Entrance...7.50 Euros but the visit was worth it. At least, I get a better understanding of what's going on in Anne Frank's World during the Second World War.

Ticket.

Some Interesting Sights in Amsterdam...

I really hope that I could explore Amsterdam using that mode of transport on my next visit.

A cruise along the canal

A typical floating House

Beautiful Amsterdam


The gals have a craving for pancakes after the visit to Anne Frank's House.

Camwhoring time before we call it a day...

The Sun damn strong lor that we could barely open our eyes.






Emily, Kel & I along the crowded walking street

Big Clogs for sale anyone...But Emily & I are not part of the package eh :P


A special way of buying your fast food @ FEBO...Their Burgers were nice I heard.

No comments: