Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I wonder what's wrong with me recently....have been really down on my luck ever since after Chinese New Year. Things weren't going smooth for me at work ( lots of hiccups ), my body wasn't feeling well recently and worse still, I met with a minor accident in the bathroom in London !!!!! While reaching for the towel on the rack next to the bathtub, I slipped and fell with my lower body in the bathtub and my upper body outside. Fortunately, my head did not hit the toilet bowl which was just next to the bathtub ( I swear my head is just inches away from the toilet bowl )....otherwise, I may be in the hospital now or lying motionless in the coffin...who knows. Guess what... the commotion was so loud that Evon who was staying in the next room claimed that she heard a loud thud while using the bathroom. Just a big bruise on my left thigh...Lucky!!!! I just cannot believe that I am that sway...who have I offended...I must really visit the temple to pray. Mum mentioned to me that I (the rat) must go pray 'Tai Sui' and that its a bad year for the rat....haiz. It's really a series of unfortunate events. Hope things will get better soon.

Was in London for the past few days and I simply love it. Not sure why some people hate to go there. One thing for sure, there are so many things to see and do in London. The beautiful parks, the many tourist attractions and famous landmarks, the vibrant shopping scenes and the list goes on. I doubt I can finish London within a week.

Did not do much this time in London...merely went to some flea markets and shopping areas with 2 of my other colleagues. Initially wanted to visit the Windsor Castle with Daniel and Joy but decided to give it a miss in the end. Kinda regretted now...haha.

1st Stop.... Portobello Market (which comes alive during weekend)

Does the station name rings a bell in your head ?

Guess where are we now ?

You will find many antiques along the street


Scottish Cashmere, anyone ?

I love this shot...a couple deciding what to buy @ Portobello Studios...They are really sweet and loving, don't they?

Even the car can be used as an advertisement to attract patrons.

It's Teatime...Cakes & Cupcakes are available

2nd Stop : Camden Town

Introducing my 2 other khakis...Sharon & Evon

It gets real crowded on a Sunday afternoon @ Camden Town

Camden Town is similar to Harajuku in Tokyo. You will get to see some youngsters dress up in these gothic costumes with some weird make up and roam around the streets. If you are lucky, you may get to see a vampire...hahaha...Interesting eh.

The food market at the end of the street. Lots of good food can be found here.

Pit Stop : My 3 pounds (S$9)lunch - Rice with fried Chicken Chunks, squids and prawns. Kinda of cheap considering you are in London.

I like this name very much....The Horse Hospital...very unique and kinda catchy.

Bidding goodbye to Camden before heading to Covent Garden, our last stop for the day. Oh yes, I was really happy that I managed to buy a pair of leather sneakers from Aldo for just 10 pounds (S$30)....its really a very very good deal !!!!

3 tetra pack juices for just 5 pounds from M&S....Its really nice....a must try!!!


A Walk through Kensington Park to Bayswater for our Duck rice...I love the park....serene and beautiful. Did not have the chance to roam around...shall do so when I go on my next visit.

Time to hit the sag...Heading to London again later and will be back on Monday afternoon. This time round, I hope to visit the Parks and Harrods!!!

Oh yes before I signed off, I realised that I have yet to post my long overdue Moscow photos...my sincere apologies...shall do so when I am in London...my promise. New schedule is out and I will be going to Beijing with Faith...yes with her again!!!! Looking forward to that.

No comments: