Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Either I am getting older or my body is getting weaker or both...somehow I am down with flu AGAIN...What the...it's so damn irritating. Argh... I guess I really need rest, rest and more rest.

Here's a short entry on my Dubai trip while on my way to Moscow before Chinese New Year.

This is the best time to visit Dubai because of its weather. The weather is so cooling and comfortable unlike the rest of the year when Dubai really feel like the oven.

As Melissa wanted to snowboard at Ski Dubai, she brought us to this Mall of the Emirates which I guess was the biggest mall in Dubai. Wanted to visit this mall since my previous trip here but decided to give it a miss due to poor response and the long distance from the hotel. One thing I hate about Dubai is the difficulty to get a cab especially during peak hours. You can wait as long as 2 hours for a cab. Anyway the mall is real big and houses many big brand shops. It's worth to visit I would say.


Guess this is the main attraction @ Mall of the Emirates besides its wide array of shops and restaurants plus a cinema. Only Melissa went to snowboard, the rest of us merely went shopping around the area. Reason being : Its admission fees aren't that cheap and that we will see the real snow anyway in Moscow.

This baby loves Faith so much that he kept smiling at her when she played with him. Plus wherever Faith goes, his big sparkling eyes would follow. Haha...So adorable.


Decided to visit the place where (Strongly recommended by Melissa) we could have a good view of the Burj plus a place where we could have our dinner and unwind....Madinat Jumeirah...which is about a 15 minutes ride from the mall. A very nice place I must say. Oh the place was real hugh and offers many restaurants...I would sat something similar to Clarke Quay except its much bigger and much more beautiful.

Came across this makeshift store which sells some wigs, big sunglasses and all sorts of funny accessories. Yea...Can you recognise who he is ? Hohoho...





This is where we had our dinner. I really love its ambience. Calm and relaxing. Plus this restaurant is just next to the beach and offer unobstructed close view of the Burj ! Very nice interior and somewhere where you would not want to leave soon when you have sat down on its super comfortable sofa and seats. Very very very cozy.

The Burj with different colours ...


All taken from different location at a different time.

As we need to stock up on our foodstuff before we head to Moscow, we went to Carrefour at Deira City Centre the next morning.


Nice Arabic desserts/pastries. They are popular for the pistachio, cashew, almonds and dates etc.

followed by ....

A Sumptous lunch @ our favourite Silver Eagle Restaurant

The Four Gluttons : Roy, Faith, Magaret and yours truly

What we ordered ...

The omelette and the small bowl of fish curry was complimentary. Many thanks. I strongly recommended the Chicken Pepper Fry and the Special Chicken Biryani...its really nice and tasty. They are a must to order whenever I patron the restaurant.

Went to this famous Chicken Tikke Inn when we were back in Dubai from Moscow on our last day of the whole trip.

This is what they are famous for...

BBQ Chicken Tikke...their meat is so tender and juicy. Plus its very well marinated. Oh if you are one of those who can't take spicy food, fret not, you get to choose from very spicy to non spicy ( like Nandoes) ...its entirely up to you. Nice...Really delicious.

Besides the Chicken Tikke...

One should try their Fried Prata...crispy and fragrant.

Bon Appetite !

That's it folks for my Dubai trip...more coming on my Moscow trip...stay tune eh.

Anyway, I will be extremely busy this month due to my very hectic and tight schedule. Be heading to Brisbane and then to London. So you guys won't see me anytime soon till 26 February. We shall keep in touch through MSN though...Take care everyone.

No comments: