Tuesday, December 23, 2008


Can U believe it ?

My Sleeping Pattern was screwed up totally for the past 2 days...Managed to only sleep at around 5 am and woke up at about 4 pm !!! This is what I called Jetlag !!! N my day was gone just like that. What a waste ~

Just came home from dinner with my Montfort gang at Shokudo. Second time there and kinda like the Japanese food especially my all-time favourite Japanese Omelette. Glad that everyone is doing well and do hope that we can go for a short overseas trip one of these days when everyone is free since they are busy with their FYP now. Coming next May/June, they will be graduating and if I never quit University, I will be like them too...Again, I tell myself that I will never regret my decision and recent events made me feel that I made the right choice.

Though the drama series which I downloaded from MOBTV was a little old, I truly enjoyed watching the show. Just in Singapore aka Yi Fang Ban Ting Yi Shui Gang was not only a comedy , it also depict a typical Singaporean lifestyle & 'character'...Kinda meaningful and interesting. 30 episodes were finished within the span of 3 days. Watching one episode after another can be so addictive that I refused to allow my eyes to leave the monitor for even a fraction of a second. One down, many more to go...

As mentioned in the previous entry, I was away in Frankfurt and New York City for the whole of last week. The weather was killing us...bone biting cold and wet ! And I fell sick...I guess it's not due to the weather, instead I suspect I got the flu bug from Faith and coupled with insufficient rest for that few days made my immune system weak. Afterall, I know I am not that weak :P Despite my flu, I decided to forgo my much needed rest and went ahead with the rest for our shopping spree.

<>
Did I mention to you before that the hotel's buffet breakfast in Frankfurt is one of the best I ever had ? Waffles, Made-to-Cook Omelette, Sausages, Various healthy Juices, Assorted Bread rolls, fruits etc etc etc and it only cost me 8.50 Euro ( approx. S$ 17 ). With that, you could eat all you can. Of course, I did not stuff myself with all the food...A buffet to me means variety and not quantity. With the variety of food offered, it was damn Worth it I must admit. After the Hearty breakfast, Faith, Iris and myself made our way to the downtown area where we do our shopping...

Well, I did not buy anything except a shawl from H&M and the gummy sweets from one of the specialty shops. The Gummy sweets were really tasty and chewy...Peach n Mango Flavours...Thanks to Ling who recommended to me on my last trip. It's so nice that Faith and Iris decided to buy some back for their family and friends. The biggest winner for this shopping spree was...FAITH...cos she bought a GUCCI handbag. Well, I must say that she got this at a very good price...it's on sale and that the design is no longer available in SIN. When we returned to the GUCCI boutique a couple of days later, the handbag that Faith bought was no longer in sight. She was lucky, wasn't she ?

When we came back from New York a couple of days later, the 3 of us decided to visit the annual Christmas Market in downtown Frankfurt. I dare say that the Christmas Market did not let us down and it's really worth a visit even though we were really tired and lethagic after we touched down that afternoon.


Each makeshift stall has their own unique Christmas Decor and its really nice. The Weather, the ambience, the people etc all made us feel that Christmas was in the air.


A Crowded Christmas Market. An eye-opener.


Some of the food you can find @ the market...

Chocolate coated Bananas, CHILLIS etc etc, Various German grilled Sausages, Gummy sweets etc etc

These were what we ate while exploring the crowded Christmas Market...

We had the popular Nutella Crepe...Oh it was so yummy. Next, we had the Currywurst sausage...*Drool* before Iris decided to give the warm red wine a try. The finale was a cone of home made fries with curry ketchup sauce and I can tell u its ten times better than McDonald's or even Long John...Shiok man. Don't believe me ? Just look at our expressions especially Iris'.

The Night Scene @ Frankfurt

Bye Frankfurt...Will be back in 2 weeks' time :D

______________________________________________


I must count myself real lucky to be able to visit New York just before Christmas. Christmas sales was everywhere and I really mean everywhere from Victoria Secret to American Eagle to Macy. As usual, the Christmas Decor never fail to attract my attention and not to mention the Big Christmas Tree in front of Rockefellar...It's just Awesome. It is here that you really feel that Christmas is just round the corner.

Had an early morning breakfast @ AppleJack Diner with the rest of my colleague...


Frankly Speaking, this was one of the worst American Breakfast I had in the States. The Omelette was kinda dry and the potatoes were one of the worst I had. Ewww...Service aren't that great either. I think I will try not to visit the cafe again even though it's just behind our hotel.

The Hunt for the Christmas Tree began just after we finished our (aweful) breakfast...


Some interesting photos...Notice the Big Christmas Tree @ Radio City ? It's really Tall. Though it's early in the morning, the Christmas lights were already switched on. I guess they were switched on for 24/7.


After a few blocks, we finally saw...


The Christmas Tree @ Rockefellar !!!!!


It's kinda Big & Beautiful...According to some of my colleagues, the Christmas Tree for this year was smaller compared to the past and that it's not that awesome. Oh Well, maybe next year be better ? Afterall this was a REAL tree and maybe due to global warming and other factors, the tree growth was affected ?

The Christmas Tree Hunters along Fifth Avenue :D

M&M @ Times Square



TIMES SQUARE


Times Square was flooded with tourist and people from all walks of life even though it was a Wednesday morning.


A visit to Toys R US @ Times Square

An eye-opener...lots of toys on sale.



Again, the Christmas Tree Hunters taking a group photo @ Times Square before we were splitted into 2 groups.


On our way to Macy...The Empire State Building...isn't she Gorgeous ???


Dinner @ Topaz...

Did I tell you that this Thai cuisine is one of the best I ever had ? Though the price was a little steep, the ambience and most importantly, the food made up for it. Besides Bangkok and Auckland, New York has one of the best Thai food around.

Bought some stuff from Origins & Victoria Secret as Christmas gifts for my friends and relatives back home. I do hope they will like it. Will be returning to New York in about 2 weeks' time, guess will do a little more shopping (this time for myself :O) and perhaps make a visit to new places like Brooklyn Bridge and Chinatown. Again, that will depend on the weather and my physical state. Oh, I do hope that I can see a snow covered New York on my upcoming trip because I miss the snow storm just by a day. Wonder if I should consider myself lucky or unfortunate.

Schedules have been tight for the past few months and I tell myself that I shall give myself a mini break coming the next months so that I can spend more time with my friends and relatives. Kinda feel a distance between me and them...Argh.

No comments: