Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Afterall, the 1 night stay in Jakarta was not as bad as I thought it would be after hearing mixed reviews from different people. Initially, I was kinda of reluctant to go there...thanks to the reviews related to by my fellow peers. However, I soon realised that my fears were uncalled for when I entered my room and in fact, I really enjoyed my stay there and would not mind going there again.

Lesson learnt : Never trust others' opinions easily until you have experienced it yourself eh. People tend to exaggerate or rather add salt and pepper....dun you agree ?

So here are some of the bad reviews regarding the hotel I have heard from my fellow colleagues :

(1) There's no air-conditioner except a ceiling fan.

FYI, it was freezing cold in my room and there wasn't any ceiling fan. I simply love the temperature :D So comfortable.

(2) There's lots of mosquitoes in the room.

This is my worst fear. I hate mosquitoes and all of you know how irritating it can be to be bitten all over by these evil blood suckers. FYI, I did not spot a single mosquito in my room. I had a very peaceful night and had no bites at any parts of my body throughout my stay.

(3) The rooms were 'dirty'. Well, you know la...those supernatural thingy.

Well, to me the room I stayed in was very clean and peaceful. I really love the room and be honest, I had a very very comfortable stay. I just love it. Relaxing n cozy....woooohoooo :D

Though we arrived in the morning and had the whole day to do lots of things, I decided to just stay in my room and rest. Some went for massage, pedicure and spa treatment, some went swimming and gyming while others went to the city which is about an hour drive away.

Took a nap after I showered and woke up just in time for my dinner. Have been looking forward to ordering the Nasi Goreng as many people were telling me how nice it was. And so, I decided to order room service and ordered a few courses for my dinner.

Within 30 minutes of my order, my food came and was delivered on a lovely portable table dressed nicely as seen below ....

What a waste when I am dining alone....

These were what I ordered....

Appetiser :


Thai Beef Salad

Salad:


Gado Gado

Soup:


Tom Yum Soup

Main Course:


The famous NASI GORENG !!!

Was damn full and my stomach was very bloated after I finished everything. The Thai Beef Salad was very nice and the chilli lime dressing that came with it were out of this world...hahaha. The Gado Gado well was average and the Tom Yum soup...sorry to say...suck. Nothing beats the authentic Tom Yum soup in Thailand. Ok, now the Nasi Goreng....true enough...it did not disappoint me....the rice was delicious though the satay was a little dry and tough (as it's beef) and the fried stuff were a little soggy for it was left outside for quite sometime. All in all, the room service was superb and very affordable. All these for just S$30....so kinda cheap. A satisfied and happy boy at the end of the day :D

Oh yes, I was quite impressed with the portable table. Initially, when the hotel staff delivered it to my room, I only saw my Gado Gado and my Thai beef salad. Was thinking in my mind that something was missing from the table....Ahhhh...where's my Nasi Goreng and my soup??? So he showed me this black box beneath the table and when he opened...dada...my rice and soup were inside...Was impressed as it was a warming cabinet and so everything was kinda hot inside. Wow...ok...maybe some of you may have seen this before but as I do not order room service that regularly, I am quite impressed by it. Nice touch.




Alright, that's it for now.

Heading to London tomorrow morning. Guess this time I will just stay in my room and do my own stuff. Were back from London not too long ago and have done what I wanted to do and so its time to rest my body. Anyway, be going to a faraway place in May for my holiday and think gonna spend a lot. Time to start saving now....

No comments: